Friday, January 23, 2009

let's start with a laugh, shall we?

Let's start this blog off right --- with a starter of whit, an entree of humor, and a double helping of dry sarcasm to finish the meal. Urban Dictionary has so eloquently defined the "foodie."

1. foodie
A person that spends a keen amount of attention and energy on knowing the ingredients of food, the proper preparation of food, and finds great enjoyment in top-notch ingredients and exemplary preparation. A foodie is not necessarily a food snob, only enjoying delicacies and/or food items difficult to obtain and/or expensive foods; though, that is a variety of foodie.

Because he was a foodie, he liked to collect menus from restaurants which prepared food he enjoyed.

2. Foodie
A fat kid pretentious enough to think up a special word to describe their desperate longing for anything to shove down their face. They'll often claim to be "food enthusiasts" or to have "refined tastes," but they're usually lying.

"I got tired of telling people I had a 'glandular problem,' so I decided to start calling myself a foodie instead. It frees me of those negative connotations and leaves me to be become as lardy as I see fit."


http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment