Friday, March 6, 2009

good boy

I've been working like a dog these past several weeks and this week was no exception. I had three events this week, all three in the evening, and all three requiring me to be there. My last event was last night and luckily I finished up early, around 6:00pm. I was starved. My plan was to pick something up or call it a cereal night, but I called Kevin and he was already in the process of making dinner. I initially cringed because Kevin's talents don't lie in the kitchen. They lie every where else in the house from the plumbing, to the heating, to crown molding and base boards, but the kitchen is a little scary.

While on my way home, I was plotting my second meal...the meal after Kevin's meal because that meal would have left me wanting something palatable. I'd settled on cereal. Upon walking into my front door, I was greeted by wonderful smells (and Lucy). Much to my surprise and pleasure, Kevin had whipped up a delightful dinner. Everything tasted perfect. Nice work, Kev, nice work. Feel free to invade my kitchen more often! Here's what we dined on:

Kev's Menu

Caprese style salad with fresh mozzarella, assorted heirloom tomatoes, and avocado. Drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Perfectly roasted and seasoned Brussels Sprouts

Encrusted Tilapia

...and for dessert
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (I made those)

No comments:

Post a Comment